Student F1 Visa Class
In order to qualify, applicants need to satisfy and prove several strict criteria during an F1 visa interview, including the following:
Foreign Residence :
- F-1 applicants must have a foreign residence and must intend to return there upon the completion of their studies.
Sponsoring Institution :
- While on your F-1 visa, you may only study at the academic institution through which the visa was granted.
Financial Support :
- Applicants must demonstrate sufficient financial support — the Study USA Financing Guide can help you prepare for this aspect of your time abroad.
Ties to Home Country :
- All applicants must demonstrate that they have strong ties to their home country. Strong ties includes, but are not limited to, the following:
- A job offer letter upon completion of studies
- Assets (i.e., house, land, vehicle, etc.)
- Bank accounts